What is a polarizer?
It is a filter sheet which allows a specific polarization of light waves to pass through and block other light called polarizer (polarizing film) or Polaroid.
The earliest artificial polarizer was invented by Polaroid company Edwin H. Land in 1928. Although it has 80 years of history, but the process principle and material is still roughly the same.
Polarizer films are widely used in research labs, optical industry and equipment.
Commercially available polarizers are made by different materials such as glass, crystal or plastic.
Plastic polarizer films are the least expensive and commonly used in LCD (liquid crystal display) such as screens of calculators or computer monitors, polarized sunglasses, and 3D movie glasses.
Protective film used to protect the polarizing plate surface, consumers need to tear the film when use a polarizer.
Onto this bare polarizer, additional treatments are applied such as an adhesive glue, hard coating, antiglare, anti-reflection and other surface treatments.
At present there are two type of polarizers in the market: iodine polarizing film and dye type polarizing film
The general process, the first is to produce polarized film, hydrophilic PVA.
After the film is swollen, it is immersed in a dichroic dye solution and stained.
The dichroic dye is usually a solution of iodine and potassium iodide. And then extend the dyeing film, extending to give the dichroic dye arrangement order, the higher the order, the prepared polarizing film optical properties are better.
After the extension of the film after drying, easy to stretch the direction of brittle fracture.
Iodine polarizing film has a high permeability, high contrast and a wide range of wavelength bias characteristics, the price is relatively cheap, so for a wide range of applications.
The polarizing property of the dye-based polarizing film is inferior to that of the iodine system, but the wet heat resistance characteristic is good and belongs to the durability polarizing film.
Iodine standard linear polarizing film applications is in a wide range, such as watches, calculator computers, PC, OA machines, LCD. In addition, cars, ships, aircraft, outdoor measurement equipment on the use of dye-based polarizing film such a durable polarizing film.
Light is an electromagnetic wave, the general light in the forward, the electromagnetic vibration direction in all directions. If the electromagnetic vibration occurs only in a plane, that is, the direction of the electric field vibration and magnetic field direction fixed light is called polarized light. The direction of its electric field is called the polarization direction of light.
The type of polarized light:
*Linearly polarized light - The polarized light whose direction of vibration is not changed with time.
*Elliptical polarized light - the two orthogonal components of the direction of vibration of the electric field, the amplitude is not the same, the formation of elliptically polarized light.
*The circularly polarized light - the wave direction of the two orthogonal components of the vibration direction is not the same amplitude and amplitude, the formation of circularly polarized light.
It is through the electromagnetic or mechanical action to have dichroic acid quinine sulfuric acid small crystals neatly arranged in a transparent plastic film made of.
Artificial polarizer as a result of simple manufacturing process, cheap, and can be made into a larger area, which has been widely used.
At present in the general polarization instrument and many of the partial and partial detection device using artificial polarizer.
For example, when watching a three-dimensional movie, the audience needs to wear a pair of glasses, which is a pair of vibration perpendicular to each other polarized film.
The principle is that we usually only use two glasses to see the object to produce three-dimensional sense, if the use of two shots, such as the human eye, from two different directions at the same time take the film scene image, made positive film.
In the projection through the two projectors with the vibration direction perpendicular to each other two linearly polarized light superimposed on the screen, the human eye through the above polarized glasses to watch, each eye can only see a corresponding independent image, Like a direct view to produce a three-dimensional feeling.
Here are some reviews from our customers:
* We have been ordering from you for years, for our science kits. Thank you for your good polarizing filters! Briana (Washington, United States)
* Many thanks for the ultra fast delivery (4 days) and the very well working polarizers, quality is much better than ever expected !!! Stefan (Germany)
* Your polarizing film is higher contrast and works better for the art. Austine (United States of America)
* I ordered the polarizer from your website, and am really happy with its performance. Micro (American)
* Polarizer film is excellent, shipment was quick and packaging is excellent. Andrew (USA)
* We evaluated your polarizing filter #P210 and #P630. They performed very well... Haozhe (United States)
* Your polarizing film has passed our R&D testing ...Sylvia (China)
* I am really surprised how fine #P200A polarizer works with my mp3 player. Peter (Czech)
* I purchased previously your linear polarizer. They works very good in polarizing microscope. Andres (Spain)
* Your polarizer film has excellent extinction and transmission properties and appears to be a cost effective solution for it's size and price compared to Polaroid HN22 product. Neil (USA)
* Transmission and efficiency are OK. They do the job very well. Bernard (Australia)
* Polarizing filter #P210 performs in my application even better than 3M HN32 Polaroid film. Vlad (United States)