What is a Fresnel Lens?
The Fresnel lens was invented by French physicist Augustin Fresnel, who first used this design to build a glass Fresnel lens - lighthouse lens in 1822.
The Fresnel lens is a thin, flat optical lens which consists of a series of small narrow concentric grooves on the surface of a lightweight plastic sheet in order to reduce the thickness, weight and cost.
Each groove is at a slightly different angle than the next and with the same focal length in order to focus the light toward a central focal point.
Every groove can be considered as an individual small lens to bend parallel Fresnel light waves and focus the light.
The Fresnel lens can now be made from plastic such as acrylic, PMMA, PVC and HDPE.
A traditional glass convex lens would be thick, heavy and very expensive, but a plastic Fresnel lens is a thin, flat, lightweight and low cost alternative.
The applications for Fresnel lenses include lighting, fresnel lens fire starter, lighthouse, overhead projector, Fresnel magnifier, projection, camera fresnel spotlight, fresnel solar energy, passive motion detector and LED magnifier.
Several Fresnel zone formulas are used in Fresnel technologies for precision diamond tooling machines and electroforming and molding processes.
The Fresnel lense can be designed and manufactured in very large sizes with light weight due to less than 4mm thickness, so the cost will be lower than traditional magnifiers. In contrast, a conventional glass lens would be 200mm thick at the edge, weigh over 50kgs and cost thousand of dollars.
To determine the optical Fresnel lens design equation, all of the parameters are determined for each individual application. Several Fresnel zone formulas are used in Fresnel technologies for precision diamond tooling machines and electroforming and molding processes.
3Dlens.com supplies the highest quality plastic Fresnel lens for sale at the lowest price.
Where to buy Fresnel Lens? You come to right place, just order now!
Here are some feedbacks from our customers:
* ... I am VERY impressed and VERY happy dealing with your company. My fresnel lenses arrive FASTER from you overseas than from my other supplier in the USA. I get a higher quality product at a lower price. You even got my order out before a hurricane closed down your airport. I was watching the news thinking my order was going to be delayed and courier was ringing the doorbell with your package. I am impressed and I will look forward to doing much more business with you. Thank you for the easy to use website, the easy communications, the easy payment methods and the very fast shipping. Steven (United States)
* Shipping was great, just took 5 days to get it, I hope I can do bussiness with you again!! Lucia (Mexico)
* I received the fresnel lens today! I am very happy! Quality is superb!!!! Jean (France)
* Excellent fresnel lens recieved once again! your fresnel lense are still going very well, and everyone is vey please with them. Liam (United Kingdom)
* I received my order and it exceeded my expectations. Thanks for the good quality fresnel lens and the quick service. Fred (United States)
* Thank you for offering these fresnel lenses! They are always of the highest quality. Michael (USA)
* This site has been the cheapest that I have ever found. Marise (New Zealand)
* I received my package. Thanks for an excellent and ultra fast service. Henrik (Sweden)
* I have just received the fresnel lens I ordered last week. Your service is extremely fast and efficient. Would have to be the easiest on line purchase I have ever made. Thank you. Mark (Australia)
* My magnifiers arrived today. That was quick! They are exactly as advertised. I am very pleased. Thank you for your excellent service. Martha (USA)
* Thank for your excellent, reliable service. The fresnel lens quality is the best I've found anywhere. Nurhadi (Australia)
* The Fresnel lenses are excellent, they appear to be top quality. Paul (England)
* Thank you much for the fresnel lenses, they are the best I have seen. Liam (UK)